By Jean Weihs,Sheila Intner
Now completely up to date to incorporate contemporary alterations with RDA, this easy-to-use primer offers an advent to standardized cataloging that may gain library technicians in addition to scholars in library technician and instructor librarian programs.
• presents transparent and understandable motives of the principles and instruments utilized by libraries to catalog and classify their materials
• Illustrative examples for every point of cataloging, type, RDA, and MARC computing device encoding
• Covers all kinds of fabric codecs, together with books, audiovisuals, photographs, sound, digital assets, and more
• deals a variety of functional routines in addition to a word list of cataloging phrases and tools
Read Online or Download Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition PDF
Best library & information science books
Gaining knowledge of the talents invaluable for transparent, powerful writing could make writing initiatives stream extra simply. This publication is helping educational librarians who're new to the career or new to a supervisory or administration place, in addition to those that are looking to be extra effective and make the their writing for paintings pass extra easily.
Because the nationwide technological know-how beginning joined the nationwide Institutes of wellbeing and fitness in requiring that supply proposals contain a knowledge administration plan, educational librarians were inundated with similar requests from college and campus-based supply consulting workplaces. info administration is a brand new provider zone for plenty of library employees, requiring cautious making plans and implementation.
E-Books in educational Libraries: Stepping as much as the problem presents readers with a view of the altering and rising roles of digital books in larger schooling. the 3 major sections include contributions by means of specialists within the publisher/vendor area, in addition to via librarians who file on either the demanding situations of supplying and dealing with e-books and at the concerns surrounding customer use of e-books.
Displaced data have lengthy been an issue and their lifestyles maintains to hassle archivists, historians and executive officers. Displaced records brings jointly best overseas specialists to comprehensively discover the present situation for the 1st time. Drawing on case reviews from world wide, the authors study displaced records because of clash and colonialism, analysing their impression on govt management, state construction, human rights and justice.
Additional info for Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition
Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition by Jean Weihs,Sheila Intner
- Read e-book online Globalizing Transitional Justice PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Girls Who Travel by Nicole Trilivas